Happy 40th anniversary to the legendary May 8th, 1977 Cornell/Barton Hall show!
May 8, 2017
“There was just some kind of magical connection this night between the band members and the band and the audience - some texture, or some type of cosmic or celestial force is in the room.”
Celebrating Cornell May 8th, 1977 - “...the single best rock performance anywhere, anytime, by anyone.”
Quick facts and links about one of the most famous Grateful Dead shows.
- New interview about the Grateful Dead's 'mystical' Cornell concert on 40th anniversary. - By ERIC RENNER BROWN
- In 2011 the recording of this show was “deemed so important to the history and culture of the United States” that a copy was added to the Library of Congress’ National Recording Registry.
Learn more about that here: https://www.loc.gov/programs/static/national-recording-preservation-board/documents/GratefulDead.pdf
- Hear Grateful Dead's Epic 'Morning Dew' From Legendary Cornell Show
Fourteen-minute cut highlights 11-disc live set 'Get Shown the Light,' featuring revered 1977 concert at Cornell University's Barton Hall
- Read BLAIR’S GOLDEN ROAD BLOG — CORNELL ’77 ENSHRINED FOR THE AGES - By Blair Jackson
- Check out some Grateful Dead live on in alumni memories of Barton Hall '77 - By Daniel Aloi
- How the Dead brought music on campus back to life. - By Melanie Lefkowitz
- Campus, community celebrate 'Cornell '77' Grateful Dead concert - By Daniel Aloi
- Tompkins County Legislature Vice Chair Dan Klein signed the proclamation delcaring Grateful Dead Day.
“WHEREAS, it has been said many times by many people that, ‘there is nothing like a Grateful Dead Show,’ NOW THEREFORE, I, Dan Klein, Vice Chair of the Tompkins County Legislature, hereby proclaim May 8, 2017 as GRATEFUL DEAD DAY in Tompkins County, in heartfelt recognition of the Fortieth Anniversary of their May 8, 1977 concert.” Here’s an image of the proclamation including its full text:
How To Order
Dead.net - Get Shown The Light